Do you have tools you no longer need?
Whether you’re doing a clear-out, downsizing your garage or workshop or wanting to pass on surplus tools after a construction project, we’re happy to adopt them to sustain their use for much longer, for many more users.
Making a donation
If you would like to make a donation, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with
- An image of your tool/s
- A brief assessment of their condition.
- Cordless drills/electric drills – high priority! Most of our battery packs for cordless drills have suffered in a cold winter, meaning we are very low on them.
- Wallpaper steamers – high priority! This is one of the most requested tools that we don’t yet have in our inventory.
- Electric sanders – One of the most popular tools in our inventory – we can always do with more sanders.
- Generic hand tools (non-electric) – primarily SPANNERS! We have an overflowing collection of spanners in all shapes and sizes that is taking up a large quantity of our storage space.
- Petrol-powered tools – these are too costly for us to maintain
- Consumables – such as nails, drill bits, door handles. When you are doing your garage clear out, please take the time to sort through the tool boxes you are donating. Whilst we will accept organised/unused boxes of screws, we do not have the space or time to sort through jars/tupperware boxes of mixed consumables.
- Assess repair/quality – If the tool you wish to donate is beyond a few simple repairs, such as re-wiring or blade-sharpening, we cannot take them from you at the moment. We do not have the workshop capacity to do any major repairs on electronic equipment, especially larger, more powerful items.
- Age – if the tool is more of an antique, please get in contact with us directly with an image of the tool and some information. We may be able to sell the tool on to a collector to support the tool library, otherwise we may not be able to store the tool at the moment.
Tool wish list
We have lots of tools in our collection, but there are a few that are more popular than others. Please let us know if you have any of the following you’re willing to donate:
Tools we don’t need
Although we want to recoup as many tools as we can from waste or under-use, we are becoming incredibly limited in our storage capacity. Until we can take on more space we ask that you don’t donate the following tools:
Before you donate any tools to us we ask that you make the following considerations:
At the moment we are limited in our capacity to carry out pick ups – if this is your only option, let us know and we will do our best to schedule a pick up service for you.
If we aren’t able to take on your tool due to it’s condition, consider taking it along to your local repair cafe – with Repair Cafe Glasgow! Here you can learn how to repair your electronic equipment yourself with the help of experienced engineers.