GOOD NEWS: We are reopening the Tool Library – this Saturday, October 24th 11am-1pm.
Thank you for being so patient while we’ve been closed during this difficult time.
We have taken the opportunity during our closure to improve our service, including hiring a new Tool Librarian who is dedicated to looking after and lending the tools, launching our website and improving our organisational structure so that the library can operate as safely and efficiently as possible for years to come.
A few technical points on our re-opening process:
- MEMBERSHIP EXTENSION – We are extending all existing memberships to renew in May 2021 – this is to make up for lost time over our closure period. You will receive an email with a ‘receipt of transaction’ including this information shortly (let us know if you don’t receive this!)
- NEW MEMBERS – For those who signed up while we have been closed, your membership will be activated from this Saturday – meaning that your membership will be valid until October 2021.
- RESERVE TOOLS – We will be lending tools on a RESERVATION ONLY system for the time being: this means you must log on to your MyTurn account, select the tools you wish to use and reserve them before midnight on a Friday, ready for when we open on Saturday. We are reducing the lending period to 1 week only, with no renewals. This is so that we have the time to quarantine the tools in between hires and to ensure that all members have access to the variety of tools.
- MEMBER AGREEMENT – Before reserving tools, you must read and sign our new membership agreements, which include our COVID-19 safety policy. This should happen automatically when you reserve tools.
- ID & PROOF OF ADDRESS – When coming in to collect your tools, you must bring in a copy of your ID and proof of address, even if you’ve done this before. As we’ve updated your membership, we need to make sure we still have up-to-date details!
- MASKS – Don’t forget to wear a mask when coming to collect your tools! Safety first!